Blenheim House Construction is committed to protecting the environment throughout all our business operations to ensure we reduce our impact on natural resources. We will actively manage the use of materials and, wherever possible, employ methods, systems and products to reduce our impact on the environment.
In particular we will:
- Educate our employees and subcontractors to ensure they are aware of our environmental commitment and they understand their environmental responsibilities
- Actively encourage employees and subcontractors to suggest environmental improvement initiatives
- Recycle waste materials where possible both on sites and in offices
- Use timber from sustainable and managed forests
- Liaise with the local community and minimise disturbance to our neighbours from our site activities
- Use biodegradable chemicals in cleaning operations and minimise the use of solvents
- Utilise methods to reduce our consumption of water and energy
- Efficiently manage delivery and transportation of materials, people and equipment
- Actively assist consultants, designers, subcontractors and clients to select and use systems which reduce the impact of the whole project on the environment
- Use insulation materials produced using non-ozone depleting gases in their manufacture.
- Use environmentally friendly refrigerant systems
- Employ an Environmental Management Plan for each of our projects and undertake a specific review of the possible impacts and opportunities.
We will comply with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice and continuously seek to improve our environmental performance. We will review this policy on an annual basis or where operations significantly change.
The guiding principles which underlie sustainability are an intrinsic part of Blenheim House Construction business operations. The company is committed to working together to manage resources in a way which has a positive influence on the natural environment and the communities in which we operate.
Blenheim House Construction aims to deliver a sustainable built environment through a strong management structure underpinned by a collaborative approach to business which forges and maintains enduring long-term relationships with our staff, clients, consultants, supply chain and the communities in which we work.
Blenheim House Construction will work towards achieving the following Sustainability commitments:
- Resource Management: To responsibly source and efficiently manage natural resources.
- Working Together: To strengthen relationships with our stakeholders and staff.
- Natural Environment: To protect and enhance the natural environment.
- Community: To promote opportunities, benefits and inward investment to local communities.
The Environmental Manager is responsible for reviewing on an annual basis this Policy and the Company’s sustainability commitments and targets, in order to achieve continual improvement, and reports to the Managing Director. All personnel within the Company have a responsibility for delivering sustainability through the performance of their duties.
Wherever possible sustainable products and services shall be sourced locally from suppliers / producers / providers. Whether purchasing directly or indirectly, Blenheim House Construction requires suppliers, subcontractors and consultants to manage the social, environmental and economic impacts of their operations. Where such organisations may not initially meet all our requirements, we shall work with the supply chain to develop their business practices. Blenheim House Construction does however expect the supply chain to be working towards compliance with this document and the company policies.
Click here to view our Sustainable Procurement Policy.pdf