Watts Gallery, GuildfordProject Gallery
Client: Watts Gallery Charitable Trust
Contract: Design and Build
Project Manager: Mouchel
Architect: Zombory-Moldovan Moore Architects
Quantity Surveyor: William G Dick Partnership
Structural Engineer: Adrian Cox Associates
M&E Consultant: Harley Haddow Consulting
Following successful negotiation, we were appointed to complete the partly Lottery funded conversion and adaption works to Watts Gallery, a Grade II* listed building. Watts Gallery, the first and possibly only remaining purpose built public gallery devoted to a single artist George Frederic Watts, was constructed in 1904 and is located within an area of outstanding natural beauty.
The works comprised completing the essential external repairs to the elevations, windows and the pitched and flat roofs. A plant room extension was constructed
onto the existing education room, and new M&E systems were installed throughout, including mechanical air handling. A new car park was constructed
along with all associated works and landscaping.